My husband will not talk to me! I’ve got a 25lb. turkey to cook for our family reunion!
The two year old is throwing a temper tantrum.
Every body wants me to do for them but no one wants to do any thing for me!
I need a listening ear. I need to make a call.
Who am I going to call? I’m calling a W.O.T.T. = A Woman Of Titus Two
A most honorable position in the early Church is the position given to older women. They are the natural advisers to the young of both sexes.
3. “Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,
4. so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,
5. to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.” Titus 2:3-5 NASB
I. Characteristics of older women in Titus two. Verses 3
- Reverent Behavior Holy – close relationship with God, not promiscuous
- Watches her tongue Does not spread tales, gossips. Malicious or otherwise. It is not an indication of a woman who possesses the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Resolve to say nothing at all about people if you cannot find anything good to say.
Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?
- Abstains from drinking She does not drink wine. A word of caution here It is not fair to females when people say that it is worse for a woman to drink, smoke, etc. then for a man!
- Teaches what is good Because she wants to be an encourager. Because she wants to be an example to younger women. This is not a do as I say do but a do as I do proposition.
II. Challenge given to younger women of Titus two. Verses 4b-5
- Encouraged to love their husband. To be ‘in love with.’ It is more than physical love.
- Encouraged to love their children. To be ‘in love with.’ It is more than a proud attraction.
It is an awesome responsibility and commitment to raise a child not as your doll to handle as an object to do as you please and impose your will onto but as a creation of God where you have become a partner with Him to raise a living being to Honor Him in obedience to His will.
To the unmarried = behave as someone who has been separated unto God. It will involve how you dress, how you act, and certainly to practice abstinence.
- Sensible. ‘Act like you got some sense.’
- Pure. Keep yourself completely for your own husband. This is not something you are doing for him as much as you are doing it for yourself and for your love for God.
- Keepers of the home
There are many women who will find these remarks as offensive. It is not my intent to offend but to communicate a clear perspective God has on bringing a homemaker. There is no greater responsibility and privilege in this world than to make a home and especially to make it a Christian home.
- Being submissive to your own husband is a role relationship and not one which measures equality. God is no respecter of persons. Therefore all men and women, husbands and wives are equal in his eyes.
- Being subject to your own husband is an act of obedience to the command of God found in Ephesians 5:22, 24
DO NOT DISHONOR THE WORD OF GOD.
“The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” Titus 2:3-5 KJV
Until next time,