This summer has been one for the books! Not sure why such misfortune has come our way nor the lessons to be learned but I believe God has a purpose in all He does.
I still affirm Him and claim the promises of scripture that “all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose.”
Just far this summer my family and I have experienced, not necessarily in chronological order and not an exhaustive list…
- Riding mower quit working. The cause still not diagnosed. Cutting our lawn with a push mower is like a personal iron-man competition.
- Increased stress level at our jobs. For Real!!!
- Health issues abounding
- Motorcycle wrecked. Praise God no one got seriously hurt. The hit and run driver in the car fled the scene, later identified and not charged. One word against another.
- $ spent to replace plastic on motorcycle only to have…
- Someone steal the motorcycle. Thief caught but released on ‘personal recognizances’ bond. Now I ask you, how can a thief be expected to keep his word when he lied in the act of stealing?
- Kia Sorento returned to dealership for refusal to honor their warranty. No way were we going to make payments on a vehicle needing costly repair that was under warranty and Kia Dealership refused to make right. Paperwork provided proved our role in maintaining the vehicle. Only 38,000 miles. Thanks Kia Motors!
- The remaining ride being shared by the three of us is an Envoy (has +209,000 miles). It was taken for an oil change and returned. A day later My wife and I noticed the cruise control stopped working, the check engine light on, and a warning light of ‘reduced engine speed’ coming on.
- Downturn in economy adversely affecting our small business. Income taking a drastic hit! Ouch!
- There’s more but you get the picture.
However, we will get through all this because ‘with God, all things are possible.’ He will ‘supply all our needs according to His riches in glory.’ God will do this because He promises. I can state it, expect it, pray for it and hope for it. However, it is for God to decide the when, where and how. Our position is to trust God.
Until Next Time,