God Gave Them Over
I post this not for argument nor debate but for serious, mature, and respectful dialogue. It is clear where I stand. I also respect the opinions of others. I give a listen, especially, if they are shared with decency. I have shared from the only source I believe where right and wrong can be justly determined. God’s Word is the standard. So varying insights should reflect a basis on God’s Word.
A starting point…
18. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19. because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them.
20. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
21. For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22.Professing to be wise, they became fools,
23. and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
24. Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them.
25. For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26. For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
27. and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
28. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper,
29. being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
30. slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
31. without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful;
32. and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them. (Romans 1:18-32 NASB)
Are we seeing the results of God giving them over?
If God gave them over then should we not also do the same?
- this would mean to focus on that which is righteous more than unrighteousness?
- ignore sin?
- not to cast pearls before swine, so to speak?
Are we opposing the lifestyle or the forcing of our acceptance of the lifestyle?
- since God doesn’t embrace it, should we?
- Christianity isn’t forced but encouraged. It has eternal results.
Should we expect advocates of polygamy, pedophilia (where parental consent is given) to become acceptable? It is not as far a leap as some might think. However, just as deplorable.
Should we be tolerant knowing it is received as acceptance more often than simple toleration?
Is accepting the lifestyle showing God-like love?
Christians are told others will know we are the disciples of Jesus if we have love for one another. Does that mean Christians cannot being loving while opposing what God opposes?
Until Next Time,