1 Kings 22:13-28
13. Then the messenger who went to summon Micaiah spoke to him saying, “Behold now, the words of the prophets are uniformly favorable to the king. Please let your word be like the word of one of them, and speak favorably.”
14. But Micaiah said, “As the Lord lives, what the Lord says to me, that I shall speak.”
15. When he came to the king, the king said to him, “Micaiah, shall we go to Ramoth-gilead to battle, or shall we refrain?” And he answered him, “Go up and succeed, and the Lord will give it into the hand of the king.”
16. Then the king said to him, “How many times must I adjure you to speak to me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord ?”
17. So he said, “I saw all Israel Scattered on the mountains, Like sheep which have no shepherd. And the Lord said, ‘These have no master. Let each of them return to his house in peace.’”
18. Then the king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Did I not tell you that he would not prophesy good concerning me, but evil?”
19. Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the Lord. I saw the Lord sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left.
20. The Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that.
21. Then a spirit came forward and stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’
22. The Lord said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’
23. Now therefore, behold, the Lord has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the Lord has proclaimed disaster against you.”
24. Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near and struck Micaiah on the cheek and said, “How did the Spirit of the Lord pass from me to speak to you?”
25. Micaiah said, “Behold, you shall see on that day when you enter an inner room to hide yourself.”
26. Then the king of Israel said, “Take Micaiah and return him to Amon the governor of the city and to Joash the king’s son;
27. and say, ‘Thus says the king, “Put this man in prison and feed him sparingly with bread and water until I return safely.”‘”
28. Micaiah said, “If you indeed return safely the Lord has not spoken by me.” And he said, “Listen, all you people.” (1 Kings 22:13-28 NASB)
Background to Text
N. T. Background
(1) John 1:1 In the beginning was the word.
(2) John 4:19 I perceive that thou art a prophet
(3) John 14:6 I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life
(4) Matthew 16:14-16 Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Had been called Elijah, John the Baptist, prophet.
(5) 2 Tim 4:1-5 v2, Preach the Word/truth. Are not enduring sound doctrine.
(1) The kingdom is split. 
(2) The Baal Crisis. Fertility god. Thunder bolt, lightning
(3) Time of Elijah & Elishat
(4) Syria was a continual adversary
(5) The house of Omri
(6) Ahab, King of Israel & Jehosophat of Judah were in alliance
(7) Jehoshaphat ask an appropriate question. Require of The Lord. [5-22]
(1) There is only one God. Monotheism
(2) The Truth shall set you free. John 8:32
(3) Dt. 18:15-22 = a Prophet = Jesus
my words – in Jesus’ mouth
Exposition: A True Prophet Speaks Only God’s Word Irregardless of Circumstances
The True Prophet Micaiah was asked by Ahab’s messenger to speak in agreement to false prophets.
The True Prophet Micaiah declared only that which The Lord said he would speak. 
The True Prophet Micaiah answered ‘the fool’ = Ahab according to his folly. (Prov. 26:5) 
The True Prophet Micaiah answered ‘the fool’ = Ahab not according to his folly. (Prov 26:4) [16-17]
The True Prophet Micaiah was a free man who by faith stood before the king & all the army & told the king what he did not want to hear. 
The True Prophet Micaiah had access to the deliberations of the heavenly council. [19-23]
The True Prophet Micaiah was strongly opposed for his stand. [v. 24]
The True Prophet Micaiah prophesied against his opposition. 
The True Prophet Micaiah was imprisioned and afflicted. [26-27]
The True Prophet Micaiah said if the king, I am not a prophet. [28a]
The True Prophet Micaiah had spoken the truth for Ahab died that day.
The True Prophet Micaiah was not heard of again.
Where have all the prophets gone? Ahab still respected Micaiah for he tried to thwart the plan of God. Hebrews 11:36-38